Welcome to Hector International Airport - Fargo, ND
ARCHITECTURAL AND PLANNING SERVICES FOR PASSENGER TERMINAL EXPANSION
The Municipal Airport Authority of the City of Fargo, North Dakota, requests a Statement of Qualifications from qualified architectural firms for the passenger terminal expansion at the Hector International Airport. The selected firm will be required to perform a Terminal Area Study to address the needs of the existing terminal and present alternatives. At the discretion of the Municipal Airport Authority, the selected firm will be required to perform architectural design and construction services for the recommended alternative identified in the Terminal Area Study.
The identified study areas of the existing terminal are: expansion of the baggage claim area, possible gate expansion, hold room area to meet the requirements for Customs clearing, ticket counter/airline employee area expansion, and expansion of the screening queuing area for non-ticketed people and other areas identified in the Terminal Area Study. The study shall include but not be limited to the following tasks:
1. Data Collection: Review all existing plans of the passenger terminal and current master plan.
2. Existing Building Systems Assessment: Conduct a site visit, assess existing conditions, assess building systems and their expansion capabilities and prepare report.
3. Detailed Terminal Program: Review aviation forecast and develop additional forecast details for facility programming. Meet with Authority staff, airlines, Customs, and other users to identify their needs. Develop facility requirements and terminal program and review with Airport Authority, staff and users. Incorporate comments and prepare memo report documenting the building program.
4. Expansion Alternatives: Determine constraints and opportunities for improvements and expansion and develop alternatives. Review with Airport Authority, staff and users. Refine selected alternatives and review with Airport Authority, staff and users to determine preferred alternative. Refine selected alternative, prepare schematic drawings, evaluate phasing and provide final cost estimate.
5. Final Report: Incorporate into a final report and present to the Airport Authority.
Upon completion and acceptance of the Terminal Area Study Report, the Airport Authority may proceed to design, bidding and construction.
The architectural firm selected must be familiar with Federal Aviation Administration standard, rules and regulations and will be required to comply with all applicable Equal Opportunity Laws and Regulations and the Municipal Airport Authority’s Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Plan.
Statement of Qualifications for the above work shall be keyed to the firm’s ability to perform the necessary services associated with passenger terminals, (i.e. organization, capability, experience, project understanding and performance history).
Statement of Qualifications will be accepted through 1PM, April 11, 2005. The successful firm may be identified by “short listing” and then by interview. Interested firms shall submit eight copies of their Statement of Qualifications.
A ranked list will be created by the selection committee. The selection criteria shall be in accordance with FAA Advisory Circular 150/5100 14C. Disadvantaged Business Enterprises are encouraged to participate.
Mail Statement of Qualifications to:
Shawn A. Dobberstein, Executive Director
Hector International Airport
P.O. Box 2845
Fargo, ND 58108
Copyright © 2016 Municipal Airport Authority, All Rights Reserved.