Welcome to Hector International Airport - Fargo, ND
TAXIWAY B RECONSTRUCTION
Separate sealed bids for Taxiway B Reconstruction, according to the drawings and specifications on file in the office of the Executive Director will be received by the Municipal Airport Authority at its office until 10:00 am May 10, 2010, and then at said office publicly opened and read aloud. The Contract Documents may be examined at the following locations:
Copies of the Contract Documents may be obtained through QuestCDN.com #1149571 or at the office of Ulteig Engineers, Inc. located at 3350 38th Avenue South, Fargo, ND 58104 upon payment of $150 for each set. Payment will not be refunded.
Bids shall be upon the basis of cash payment for Taxiway B Reconstruction which includes: mobilization, quality control, airport safety control, traffic control, demolition, earthwork, aggregate base, concrete pavement, joint sawing, joint sealing, bituminous pavement, pavement marking, seeding, mulching, taxiway edge lighting, PAPI’s, REIL’s, airfield signs and incidentals.
Each Bid shall be accompanied by a separate envelope containing a Bidder's Bond in a sum equal to five percent of the full amount of the Bid, executed by the Bidder as principal and by a surety company authorized to do business in this state, conditioned that if the principal's Bid be accepted and the contract awarded to him, he, within fifteen days after Notice of Award, will execute and effect a contract in accordance with the terms of his Bid and a Contractor's Bond as required by law and the regulations and determinations of the governing board. The Bid Bond of the three lowest Bidders will be retained until the contract has been awarded and executed, but no longer than 60 days. The Bid security is a guarantee that the Bidder will enter into contract for the work described in the Proposal.
All Bidders shall hold a valid North Dakota Contractor's license of the proper class and shall enclose a copy of the license or Certificate of Renewal of the license in the same envelope as the Bidder's Bond. A Contractor must be the holder of a license at least ten days prior to the date set for receiving Bids to be a qualified Bidder.
The successful Bidder will be required to furnish Contract Performance and Payment Bonds in the full amount of the contract.
No Bid will be read or considered which does not fully comply with the above provisions as to Bond and licenses, and any deficient Bid submitted will be resealed and returned to the Bidder immediately.
Required Labor and EEO Provisions:
1. The successful bidder will be required to comply with all applicable Federal Labor Laws, including the minimum wage rates decision of the United States Department of Labor which are contained in the advertised specifications.
2. Bidders and sub-bidders are required to comply with Title 29, Code of Federal Regulations (1518, 36 F.R. 7340) promulgated by the United States Secretary of Labor, in accordance with Section 107 of the contract work hours and safety standards act, (82 Stat. 96) not requiring any laborer or mechanic to work in surroundings or under working conditions which are unsanitary, hazardous, or dangerous to their health and safety.
3. The Municipal Airport Authority, in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, 78 Stat. 252, 42 U.S.C. 200d to 200d-4 and Title 49, Code of Federal Regulations, Department of Transportation, Subtitle A, Office of the Secretary, Part 21, Non-discrimination in Federally-assisted programs of the Department of Transportation issued pursuant to such Act, hereby notifies all bidders that it will affirmatively ensure that in any contract entered into pursuant to this advertisement, minority business enterprises will be afforded full opportunity to submit in response to this invitation and will not be discriminated against on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, or national origin in consideration for an award.
4. A Contractor having 50 or more employees who may be awarded a contract of $50,000 or more and subcontractors having 50 or more employees and who may be awarded a subcontract of $50,000 or more will be required to maintain an affirmative action program, the standards for which are contained in the advertised specifications (41 CFR 60-1.40).
5. Contractor will be required to submit a certification of nonsegregated facilities from all subcontractors for subcontracts exceeding $10,000.
6. Contractors are subject to the Requirement for Affirmative Action to Ensure Equal Employment Opportunity (Executive Order 11246, as amended), provisions of which are contained in the advertised specifications.
7. The Municipal Airport Authority has established a Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) program in accordance with regulations of the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT), 49 CFR Part 26. The Municipal Airport Authority has received Federal financial assistance from the Department of Transportation, and as a condition of receiving this assistance, the Municipal Airport Authority has signed an assurance that it will comply with 49 CFR Part 26. Contractor requirements to fulfill the DBE program are contained in advertised specifications.
8. Contractors are subject to the provisions of 49 CFR Part 30, Denial of Public Works Contracts to Suppliers of Goods and Services of Countries That Deny Procurement Market Access to U.S. Contractors.
The work on the improvement is to be entirely completed by October 15, 2010.
The right of the Owner to reject any and all Bids is reserved.
Shawn A. Dobberstein, AAE
Copyright © 2012 Municipal Airport Authority, All Rights Reserved.